One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting

Advertisement

nriggs
Guest

One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting

I like the synchronization capabilities of WinSCP, but Im looking for one extra feature: Is it possible for me to have it synchronize files from the local to remote location, and delete the local file once the transmission is complete?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting

I do not see a use case for this. Can you tell me why your need that, I may find another solution for you.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

mayhem
Guest

Re: One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting

martin wrote:

I do not see a use case for this. Can you tell me why your need that, I may find another solution for you.

Hi Prikryl,

I too am looking for a function like this, Im using another program which generates various files into a local directory.

I hoing maybe I ca use your program to run an a scheduled script say every hour to transfer all files starting with names example* to a remote SFTP, once its transfered them to delete from the local machine.

Please can you advise if this sounds like somthing I could do ?

Many Thanks

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting

mayhem wrote:

I too am looking for a function like this, Im using another program which generates various files into a local directory.

I hoing maybe I ca use your program to run an a scheduled script say every hour to transfer all files starting with names example* to a remote SFTP, once its transfered them to delete from the local machine.
OK, this can be implemented. But it is not synchronisation. It's just uplod of the files, isn't it?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

nriggs
Guest

Yea, Synchronization isn't the right word I guess. But I basically need a way to move any files that fall into a specified folder to the remote location. The Synchronization options allowed me many of the optoins I needed: to monitor a folder and upload it when a new file landed if there were only a check box to delete the originally files upon completion.

Also, Is there a way to start WinSCP (via command line perhaps) and have it lunch directly into the Synchronization functionality. Or will I have to manually start it every time the computer restarts?

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

nriggs wrote:

Also, Is there a way to start WinSCP (via command line perhaps) and have it lunch directly into the Synchronization functionality. Or will I have to manually start it every time the computer restarts?
Use /synchronize flag. See documentation.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

sapas
Guest

"move" functionality from script

I need "move" functionality from script too.
The original move (mv) command works only on remote side and can't use '*' in file list.
User "nriggs" says "One-Way Synchronization, and Deleting" and this is a good approximation of this problem.
I want to use this feature to transfer EDI files from my customer.
Thanks

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: "move" functionality from script

sapas wrote:

I need "move" functionality from script too.
The original move (mv) command works only on remote side and can't use '*' in file list.
'mv' can use * in file list.

Anyway deleting files after download is already implemented. It will be included into the next major version.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: "move" functionality from script

martin wrote:



Anyway deleting files after download is already implemented. It will be included into the next major version.

Waiting anxiously support for this feature!!! Thanks for such a great tool!

Have you implemented it as a new command, or as an option for the get command?

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: "move" functionality from script

Waiting anxiously support for this feature!!! Thanks for such a great tool!

Have you implemented it as a new command, or as an option for the get command?
An option for the get command.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum