Certificate Based authentication - FTP

Advertisement

Sachin Prakash

Certificate Based authentication - FTP

I tried passing just the certificate information from the client without user name, ending up in an authentication error.
Is it possible to create an FTP session using only certificate based authentication without a user name?

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Certificate Based authentication - FTP

I've never seen such setup before. Can you login using any other FTP client? If you can, post both its and WinSCP log file.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Note that I have answered that Stack Overflow question. My code there uses username. So I do not see the relevance of the link.

Please post WinSCP GUI session log file that successfully authenticates without a username.

Advertisement

Sachin Prakash

I am passing the user name now and providing the certificate (along with certificate passphrase).
I am getting a access denied error to the FTP site. Please suggest on this. Attaching the log file.
  • WinSCP log.txt (3.46 KB, Private file)

Reply with quote E-mail

Sachin Prakash

Hi Martin, There was a confusion previously that winscp client was authenticating without user name but it prompted for user name later. So without user name authentication is not happening. I have configured FTP site for server based authentication and passing the certificate information from client, however there is a accessed denied error. Attached the log for same. Please suggest on this.

PS: Basic authentication is working fine with user name and pwd.

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum