WinSCP 5.19.6 allows starting a second transfer of the same file to the same destination folder

Advertisement

SantiBailors

WinSCP 5.19.6 allows starting a second transfer of the same file to the same destination folder

This is not a support request so I don't need help with this, I'm just reporting a behavior that seems wrong to me.

The transfer of a big file was ongoing and visible in the Queue. I dragged the same file to the same destination folder, I was asked for confirmation to overwrite as the file already existed in the destination, I replied yes and a second transfer of it was initiated. Now there are two transfers visible in the Queue and both are ongoing, both at more than 1%.
I immediately canceled both transfers because I don't know what was going to happen to the destination file and especially I didn't want to find that out (it's an important file), but I know this shouldn't have happened so I'm just reporting it. In my mind I shouldn't have been asked for overwrite confirmation but just told that the file was already being transferred to the same destination so a second transfer wouldn't make any sense.
Again, I don't need support, I'm just reporting in case it helps.

Laptop "HP ProBook 450 G8 Notebook PC"
WinSCP 5.19.6
Windows 10 Pro up to date.
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz
Installed RAM 16,0 GB (15,7 GB usable)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum