Topic "automatic resume is not working"

aperje

Hi,

I am uploading large files (400 MB +) to a server. It happens twice to fivetimes within the transfer of a file that the connection drops.

Then a message pops up offering me the possibility to reconnect. I push that button and it works. Until next time.

This should go automatic but it does not. Where is the problem.

Always I choose background transfer. I did not check the transfer confirmation checkbox. I activatet the automatic resume after 5 sec. for files larger than 100 kB.

I use the latest ver. 3.81.

Maybe you can give me a hint.

Thank you in advance.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
aperje wrote:
Then a message pops up offering me the possibility to reconnect. I push that button and it works. Until next time.

What does happen "next time"?

prikryl wrote:
aperje wrote:

Sorry for my English, I am German.

With " until Next time " I mean until it breaks again and the message pops up again.

My problem is that it resumes not automatic. I have to press the connect button.

prikryl wrote:
aperje wrote:

Just one more question. Is it possible, that the automatic just does not work in background operation.

I had a 800 MB transfer running in foreground without any breaks.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Just one more question. Is it possible, that the automatic just does not work in background operation.

May be Smile I'll test it.
Site Admin
I've done many tests and it definitelly works. At least for me. As long as you have automatic reconnect enabled and confirmations disabled for background transfers, you should not be prompted not a once.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License