Topic "Problem with a filename beginning with hash (#) ?"

ni

Hello!
I've used WinSCP for the first time.
I'm using the Install Package downloaded about 2004.04.23 19:00 CEST.

*** PROBLEM ***
I'm logging on the FreeBSD 4.7 with a default shell set to /bin/tcsh
During logging I got a warning message:

Error listing directory "/home/ni".
Unexpected directory listing line "-rw------- 1 ni wheel 791 25 Wrz 2002 #freebsd.pl.tlumaczenie".
Operation aborted

After that, I could be able to see most directory entries, but the file #freebsd.pl.tlumaczenie and other files beginning with the hash (#) sign are not listed. Note, that hidden files are not listed too - although I have set "Show hidden files" in configuration.

Than, I'm logging to a FreeBSD 4.8 with /bin/tcsh and I got a message:

Error listing directory "/home/ni".
Unexpected directory listing line "drwxr-xr-x 6 ni wheel 512 15 Kwi 23:00 .".
Operation aborted
*** END OF PROBLEM ***

Is the problem in polish configuration of date? (I guess this after reading FAQ and some forum posts)... Wouldn't it be possible for WinSCP to ignore those three letters of month in listing?

Wouldn't it be possible to WinSCP to support international settings of systems in the future (as putty does)? We could help - if needed...

Best regards!
Lukasz Bojarski
The Polish FreeBSD Documentation Project Coordinator
ni@merkury.pol.lublin.pl IRCNet: ni
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
ni wrote:
Is the problem in polish configuration of date? (I guess this after reading FAQ and some forum posts)...

Yes it is.
Quote:
Wouldn't it be possible for WinSCP to ignore those three letters of month in listing?

Please wait for SFTP support.
Quote:
Wouldn't it be possible to WinSCP to support international settings of systems in the future (as putty does)? We could help - if needed...

If you still talk about month, Putty does not do anything like this, it has no reason for this.
Site Admin
For list of reasons WinSCP cannot parse directory listing and possible resolutions, see documentation.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License