Mapped Network Drives

Advertisement

dougreport

Mapped Network Drives

Anyone know if there is a way to upload files when mapped network drives are offline? (I am not uploading from a mapped drive)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Mapped Network Drives

I do not understand your question. Why shouldn't it be possible? Do you have some specific problems?

dougreport

Mapped Network Drives

Martin,

Yes, I'm having a problem.

I have a LAN and a Windows 10 computer (Computer A) in my home office that has several drives on it. I use this computer as a "file server."

I have another Windows 11 computer (Computer B) that uses the drives on 'Computer A' that are mapped to 'Computer B.'

Also, on 'Computer B' I run WinSCP that I use to upload local files on 'Computer B' to a remote sever (these files are on a drive on 'Computer B' and are not on a mapped drive).

If 'Computer A' is down, or offline, WinSCP freezes and is not usable.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Also, I have set parameters under "Preferences > Transfer > Determine drop target by dragging a fake file > Allow dropping of files to these network drives > -H -K -S -T" in WinSCP.
I did this because nothing else would work and I was trying different approaches.

Thanks,
Doug

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for your report.
I'm not sure from your post, if setting the "Allow dropping of files to these network drives" fixed the freeze or not. Can you please clarify?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

dougreport

Thanks Martin,

I've decided to just live with the problem rather than going through the debug procedure – I'm a bit time strapped...
Maybe someone else can figure it out.

I appreciate your assistance,
Doug

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum