Topic ""Enable compression" on for new sessions?"

Author Message
petr.pavel
[View user's profile]
Donor
Joined: 2004-12-21
Posts: 21
Location: Praha, Czech Republic
First of all - a big thank you for an updated version.
I was worried that you stopped using FAR Manager. :-)

Now, what would you think about setting "Enable compression" on by default for new sessions?

Is there any reason for having it off (except for when sending mostly compressed files)?

Thanks
Petr 'PePa' Pavel
_________________
Life is what you make it.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
petr.pavel wrote:
Now, what would you think about setting "Enable compression" on by default for new sessions?

You can change defaults from WinSCP application.

Quote:
Is there any reason for having it off (except for when sending mostly compressed files)?

I'll think about it.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
petr.pavel
[View user's profile]
Donor
Joined: 2004-12-21
Posts: 21
Location: Praha, Czech Republic
prikryl wrote:
petr.pavel wrote:
Now, what would you think about setting "Enable compression" on by default for new sessions?

You can change defaults from WinSCP application.


I guess you are talking about the main WinSCP application - not the plugin, right? Because I went through all options multiple times and found no way to edit default session settings.

Petr 'PePa' Pavel
_________________
Life is what you make it.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
petr.pavel wrote:
I guess you are talking about the main WinSCP application - not the plugin, right?

Yes.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License