WinSCP endlessly reconnecting/disconnecting to Bitvise when insufficient disk space at destination

Advertisement

speiris

WinSCP endlessly reconnecting/disconnecting to Bitvise when insufficient disk space at destination

Hi WinSCP,
We have recently discovered what is most probably a long standing issue and have had some trouble resolving it.

Our .NET C# codebase uses WinSCP to SFTP files to a Bitvise server. Everything works perfectly when destination has enough disk space.
A really edge case when there isn't enough space, we can see the activity on Bitvise it is continuously disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 seconds.
When debugging I saw that the breakpoint goes into PutFiles and gets stuck it never comes out. So I put it as a task on a separate thread and forced a timeout just to get the code moving along so with this the service doesn't hang anymore but on Bitvise it's still connecting and disconnecting endlessly.
var transferTask = Task.Run(() => _sftpSession.PutFiles(Path.Combine(tempDirectory, fileName), $"{transferLocationSFTP.DestinationPath}/{requestMTO.Destination.DestinationFilename}", true));
if (transferTask.Wait(TimeSpan.FromMinutes(1))){ //handle timeout
But after doing this if I try Close or Dispose again the code gets stuck.

Basically if there is insufficient space PutFiles or Close or Dispose will get stuck.

I wonder if you recognize this situation. This is an edge case we recently discovered, otherwise everything is working perfectly for ages. I updated WinSCP to the latest but yet it's the same. When I close down our filemover service is only when Bitvise stops reconnecting.

Any advise is most appreciated.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.
  • winscp_log.txt (896.04 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum