Need to run newer version of WinSCP for automated upload/download

Advertisement

Jeff Ronan

Hi Folks,

I have a server that runs a set of automated SFTP scripts to upload and download files to Waystar. Waystar is upgrading their protocol for SFTP to newer algorithms and public keys on November 11. Our current scripts are running a WinSCP executable in the script folder that's Version 5.0.6 (see attachment). This version fails their test login for the newer algorithms. However, on this same server, there is a WinSCP Version 6.1.1 installed. This version successfully connects using the newer algorithms (see attachment).

Should I just be able to modify the batch file to run the newer executable? The existing script is:
"C:\navicurescripts\winscp.com" /console /script=downloadnavicure.txt
Can I just change that to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\winscp.com" /console /script=downloadnavicure.txt
?
Will it be unable to pull the connection information? Or should I copy the newer executable into the script folder? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff Ronan
jeff@lochandeit.com
810-334-4119

Description: This is the location of the newer version.

WinSCP-PreferredVersion.jpg

Description: This is the script folder that the older version of WinSCP is run from.

WinSCP-CurrentVersion.jpg

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Need to run newer version of WinSCP for automated upload/download

We do not know, where does your script take the confirmation and connection information from. A log file would show that.
Updating the binaries in C:\navicurescripts is the safest solution.
Though in most cases, pointing the batch file to C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP should work too.

Jeff Ronan

I attempted to point the batch file at the C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\winscp.com but it failed to connect or log anything. How do I update the binaries in the C:\navicurescripts folder? Version 5.0.6 doesn't have a 'Check for updates' feature.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Need to run newer version of WinSCP for automated upload/download

So what does it output, when it "failed to connect or log anything"?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum