New PuTTY requested for Terrapin CVEs

Advertisement

Advertisement

itncssupport

Re: New PuTTY requested for Terrapin CVEs

Is there an updated version of WinSCP that is available besides the beta version of 6.2.2 MSI package as we are trying to push this update remotely to many laptops.

LC

When is 6.2.3 to be released?

Your site shows the next version as being:
6.2.3 (not released yet)

Is there an ETA on this as I would like to deploy fixes to the Terrapin vulnerabilities without having to deploy Beta software.

Advertisement

LC

Re: New PuTTY requested for Terrapin CVEs

@martin: The tracker states that this is now closed as there is a Beta version available which is not vulnerable to Terrapin.

Is there an ETA on the next stable release as I would like to deploy fixes to the Terrapin vulnerabilities without having to deploy Beta software.

TheGift73

WinSCP 6.1.3 (not released yet)

Hi,

I can see that it shows in the release notes for the un-released version of 6.1.3,
Back-propagated some improvements from 6.2 beta release
In the improvements mentioned for version 6.2, it doesn't mention anything regarding the fix to the SSH protocol 'Terrapin' vulnerability.

The only fix for that that I can see for WinSCP is in Beta version 6.2.2

Do you know if the fix for the SSH protocol 'Terrapin' vulnerability, can or will also be added to the next available version of WinSCP?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP 6.1.3 (not released yet)

@TheGift73: Currently we do not plan to release any patch for 6.1. Terrapin does not seem to be critical enough to justify it. Stable version of WinSCP 6.2 will be released in several weeks.

dsgoody

Re: WinSCP 6.1.3 (not released yet)

Is there any update on this? Nearly four weeks have passed since this comment, and seven weeks since this vulnerability was made public.

We'd really like to deploy a stable patched version of WinSCP to our estate, as we did for PuTTY at the start of January.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum