Error listing directory '/'.

Advertisement

Voyager3

Hello!
What do I have:
  • FileZilla FTP server v. 1.7.3 behind the NAT with passive mode enabled and custom port range (50100–50200) that is also allowed in the firewall settings.
  • WinSCP client v. 6.2.2 beta (Build 14641). Also tried v. 6.1.2
I am trying connecting to the FTP server from the external network using FTPS (explicit encryption) and getting the error
The session is established, but I can't see any file in my user's directory.

Connection within the internal network works fine.
I have also tried FileZilla, RealFTP, and SmartFTP clients – they successfully connect and can list directories.
Logs from the FileZilla server, WinSCP client, and FileZilla client are attached (as a private file).

Please advise.
Thank you!
  • logs.zip (13.28 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

Voyager3

Re: Error listing directory '/'.

Hi Martin!
I have upgraded the FileZilla Server to version 1.8, but I still getting the same error.
The "Reuse TLS session ID for data connections" session option is enabled in WinSCP client.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please post new logs for connection to FileZilla Server 1.8, as well as server log files.
Also, does it work, when you connect directly on the server (not via NAT)?

Voyager3

Hello!
After some investigations, we found that WinSCP fails to list directories while the decryption policy is enabled on our Palo Alto firewall.
When the decryption policy is disabled, connection and directory listing works fine.
There are no errors in the decryption policy log. Also, other FTP clients work with decryption policy enabled.

What data can I provide to help analyze this case?
Or WinSCP won't work with the decryption policy enabled on the firewall?

Thank you!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, I do not know what "decryption policy" is this about. Is your firewall trying to decrypt the FTP connection?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum