Incorrect address on Donate and missing priviledges that MS Store would have provided

Advertisement

dkolke
Customer

Incorrect address on Donate and missing priviledges that MS Store would have provided

I tried signing up with the 50% off deal you had on and it wouldn't accept payment from Canada or the USA for some reason. In my haste I incorrectly wrote my email address wrong. I donated another $1 with the correct email so I could create an account to notify you of the discrepancy. When I went to update my Windows 11 WinSCP 6.3 with my email address, I put in the incorrect one I used on the initial donation but it tells me I haven't donated enough to use the Automatic updates – which is probably because I donated the funds because I was unable to use the silly Microsoft store. How can I fix the incorrect email and how can I have my donation get the equivalent privileges that I could have if the Microsoft store would have had Canada in the pull down selection for Country on the payment screen?
Regards,
David
  • DKolke.pdf (163.46 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Incorrect address on Donate and missing priviledges that MS Store would have provided

Your forum email address is now authorized to automatic updates (note that a minimal donation for automatic updates is indeed $9 though).

At what exact stage of buying from the Store do you miss Canada?
Can you please post a screenshot of whole screen?

dkolke
Customer

Re: Incorrect address on Donate and missing priviledges that MS Store would have provided

Hi Martin,
Things seem to go off the rails when I click on the CDN $6.39 in the Microsoft Store to purchase your product because it is at this point that a popup opens and begins to want me to pay in British Pounds. In the attached pdf I hope I have captured all the screens and URLs necessary for you to understand, from my point of view, what was happening, so that it can be fixed. If I am experiencing this then I am concerned that you could be losing out on lots of sales from Canada and the USA if they hit the payment screen and cannot go any further. I ensured my VPN and all firewalls, etc that would cause pages not to load were turned off after I encountered it the first time, but when I encountered it a second and third time, I went to the Donate page directly and then made the initial post here. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Regards,
David Kolke

dkolke
Customer

Hi Martin the url attached to the CDN $6.32 purchase in the MS Store that launches the British popup is:
ms-windows-store://pdp?hl=en-us&gl=ca&productid=9P0PQ8B65N8X&referrer=storeforweb

Don't know if that will help or not.

David

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for all the details.
I guess you never bought anything from the Microsoft Store before, right (assuming from the fact that you are not registered yet there)?
This is unfortunately all out of our control. You would have to seek support from Microsoft.
Anyway, as I wrote above, your forum email address is now authorized to (semi)automatic updates.
For details, see https://winscp.net/eng/docs/updates#automatic_upgrade

Advertisement

dkolke
Customer

Re: Incorrect address on Donate and missing privileges that MS Store would have provided

Hi Martin,
Thank you, I did notice you authorized me for semi automatic updates and I am greatly appreciative. Yes you are correct, I have never used the Microsoft Store before and I realize this is their problem; however, it still makes me concerned for you and possible loss of sales through their store if people in Canada and possibly the USA cannot purchase your product through them.
Thank you again for your time and a terrific product.

David Kolke

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Incorrect address on Donate and missing privileges that MS Store would have provided

Thanks. It does not seem to be a global problem, as over 30% of purchases are from USA and 3% from Canada.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum