Error 0x80004005 when copying files to local directory after copying from remote dir

Advertisement

HCP936
Customer

Error 0x80004005 when copying files to local directory after copying from remote dir

I keep getting the Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error when I try to copy a file from remote directory to local directory from GUI. The progress bar for copying shows that it gets downloaded to the temp directory but does not get transferred to the directory where I want it to be copied. This has been going on for at least the past 4 months. I have tried both copying a fake file method and copying via a temp copy and then transfer.

WinSCP 6.3, Win 11 OS Build 22631.3155.
Description: Log shows me trying to copy by right click --> copy to click board done twice with the error popping up in a error window and then trying a drag and drop type copy to copy the file which is successfull. The log may have recorded some slight activity af

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error 0x80004005 when copying files to local directory after copying from remote dir

Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum