"Keep remote directory up-to-date"/"Synchronize" require local folder to be refreshed in explorer

Advertisement

h4tchery

"Keep remote directory up-to-date"/"Synchronize" require local folder to be refreshed in explorer

My local folder contains several links from various other project folders (hard links, junctions and symbolic links; not shortcuts).

When I save a linked file in it’s original location, WinSCP only detects changes as soon as I open the local folder using Windows Explorer or, subsequently, refresh that Explorer window.

This applies to both the "Keep remote directory up-to-date" and "Synchronize" features. Both work as expected for files that are not linked in, or when I edit a linked file directly from within the local folder (instead of it’s original location).

I am using the latest WinSCP version on Windows 10.0.19045.4291.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: "Keep remote directory up-to-date"/"Synchronize" require local folder to be refreshed in explorer

As you are refreshing the folder in Explorer, it seems like even the Explorer does not detect the change automatically. Or does it?

h4tchery

Re: "Keep remote directory up-to-date"/"Synchronize" require local folder to be refreshed in explorer

Yes, I am refreshing the Windows Explorer window, not WinSCP. It seems that even Explorer does not detect the change without a refresh. I am not sure if this can be addressed within Windows itself, which would be the ideal solution.

Alternatively, WinSCP could identify links and include their other file system locations in the watcher—one of them should trigger (untested); or perhaps FileSystemWatcher has options to directly address this (unchecked).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Ok, thanks for the details.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum