The error "Network error: Permission denied" should be more clear when app has no network access

Advertisement

poisonborz
poisonborz avatar

The error "Network error: Permission denied" should be more clear when app has no network access

I wanted to open a new connection recently, and I got the error "Network error: Permission denied". I suspected it being some auth issue, and after some longer search did I realise that due to some external settings WinSCP was blocked from network access.

I think the plain message – "Network error: Permission denied" is confusing and not really obvious – it's not clear that the permission error is FOR the network, not from a remote host. I tried to look the generated logs but there is also just this message and no context given.

I think a similar message would be more clear: "Network access denied". Some other text would also be helpful, like "Check if some permissions or a firewall blocks WinSCP from accessing the network".

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: The error "Network error: Permission denied" should be more clear when app has no network access

Thanks for your feedback.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum