Version 2.3 does not delete tmp-files

Advertisement

mpausch
Guest

Version 2.3 does not delete tmp-files

hi,

i installed winscp 2.3 and it does not delete the temp-files (like the versions before).

- drag&drop to copy files
- 3 folders with files (one folder with a sub-folder)
- commander-like style
- win2k sp3 and other patches

thanks and greetings

manfred pausch

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,540
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Version 2.3 does not delete tmp-files

In version 2.3, it should work even better than the version before. At least it does for me. Can you check this again?

Please note that temporary folder is not deleted sooner than 2 minutes after transfer completes or when application closes (which ever comes first).

Also folder is not deleted, when something prevents its deletion (like when your have the temporary folder opened).
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

mpausch
Guest

Re: Version 2.3 does not delete tmp-files

martin wrote:

In version 2.3, it should work even better than the version before. At least it does for me. Can you check this again?

checked it again, and it worked :)))


martin wrote:


Please note that temporary folder is not deleted sooner than 2 minutes after transfer completes or when application closes (which ever comes first).

another question:
2 minutes after transfer (from remote to local) or
2 minutes after transfer (from temp-folder to destination folder)?
if first statement is true, this could be a problem
with big files :)


martin wrote:


Also folder is not deleted, when something prevents its deletion (like when your have the temporary folder opened).

could be, that the temp-folder was opened at my first "test".
is it possible to implement an option for transfer files direct to target-folder (without transfer first to temp-folder). i often handle big files and my temp-folder is on my system-partition (which is the smallest)

hope my english is not tooooooo bad :)

thanks

mpausch

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,540
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Version 2.3 does not delete tmp-files

mpausch wrote:

another question:
2 minutes after transfer (from remote to local) or
2 minutes after transfer (from temp-folder to destination folder)?
if first statement is true, this could be a problem
with big files :)
The first is true :-( From the time I finish download to temp-folder everything gets out of control of WinSCP. Transfer from temp-folder to destination directory is performed by Windows Explorer, I cannot detect, when it finishes it. Please note that drag&drop is too general, I don't even know, where I've dropped the files. It can even be different file transfer application or compression program (such as WinZip)...

is it possible to implement an option for transfer files direct to target-folder (without transfer first to temp-folder). i often handle big files and my temp-folder is on my system-partition (which is the smallest)
No it is not possible. See explanation above.

See also FAQ.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum