Topic "Where are stored sessions stored?"

Burson

I am moving from a Windows 2000 PC to Windows XP. I have several stored sessions on the old machine that I'd like to transfer to the new one, but I cannot find the files that keep this information. Where are they???

Thanks
Advertisements
Burson

Oops!! I just hadn't read enough. I found on this web site how to set the preference to store configuration in an .ini file rather than in the registry. I did that and transferred the .ini to my new machine and all my saved sessions are there!!!

Great product!
thumbtack
[View user's profile]

Burson wrote:
Oops!! I just hadn't read enough. I found on this web site how to set the preference to store configuration in an .ini file rather than in the registry. I did that and transferred the .ini to my new machine and all my saved sessions are there!!!

Great product!

Where did you find that info? Iinstalled a new C drive, and now have my old one as my D drive, and I need to grab my stored sessions..All files are still on that old drive..
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
thumbtack wrote:
Where did you find that info? Iinstalled a new C drive, and now have my old one as my D drive, and I need to grab my stored sessions..All files are still on that old drive..

WinSCP stores configuration by default to Windows registry. If you do not have access to your old installation of Windows, you've lost your settings.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License