Topic "U3 Version of WinSCP?"

Author Message
Muckypaws

Guest


Do you have plans to make the software U3 compatible?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
I have no idea what needs to be done to make it U3 compatible.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
michael wihsboeck

Guest


Hello,

it's not very hard. It is more or less only a special package format with some configuration to run the app direct from U3 compatible stick, see <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Greetings,
Michael
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
Thanks! I'll check it.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
JL

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Thanks! I'll check it.


I would definitely be interested as well. U3 is blowing up and i think there will be more and more demand.
Tijntjethf

Guest


I'm very interested to! Smile
kene

Guest


me too
Mat

Guest


I wonder if this ever got developed.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
Mat wrote:
I wonder if this ever got developed.

It's implemented already. Just waiting for the certification...
_________________
Martin Prikryl
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
WinSCP U3 package is available already.
Tomm

Guest


Love it!!! One request for the next version:
Allow the path to the PuTTY executable to be a U3 package!!

Thanks for the U3 port!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
Tomm wrote:
Allow the path to the PuTTY executable to be a U3 package!!

It's not easy to do as PuTTY binary is stored in U3 archive. Unless you run it at least once directly, it gets not extracted.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
Tomm wrote:
Allow the path to the PuTTY executable to be a U3 package!!

It's not easy to do as PuTTY binary is stored in U3 archive. Unless you run it at least once directly, it gets not extracted.


My understanding is (and that's is *very* limited Wink ), is the up3 file is just a .ZIP file with the extension changed. Could you not do an in-memory extraction? Or would this be too cumbersome/expensive (ram-wise)?

But, if no, then not.

Thanks for responding!!

Tomm
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
My understanding is (and that's is *very* limited Wink ), is the up3 file is just a .ZIP file with the extension changed. Could you not do an in-memory extraction? Or would this be too cumbersome/expensive (ram-wise)?

But there's too much logic associated with the ZIP file, specified by included manifest file (how to restore/save settings etc.).
_________________
Martin Prikryl
tenest

Guest


what about allowing the path to the putty executable be a relative path?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
tenest wrote:
what about allowing the path to the putty executable be a relative path?

May be I miss something, but I do not see how this could help.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
QuantumNet

Guest


I am not certain of all portable versions of putty but <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

this version that we use extracts the putty.exe to the U3_DEVICE_EXEC_PATH when it is installed.

so if you could please incorporate this feature thank you.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
QuantumNet wrote:
so if you could please incorporate this feature thank you.

It has been already... You can use environment variables in path to PuTTY.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License