this is exactly the problem i'm having with the additional problem that i can't make it stop.
- environment tab in the login screen is set to LF (unix)
- i've set the xfer to text only. (its a perl script)
- i rclick the file, choose 'edit' and the file downloads then comes up in my editor
- the original file (pre upload) shows in 2 different editors (ultraedit and pspad) as unix perl
- uploaded from local to remote, it's unix on the remote.
- still set as text only, i download the file and it shows in the 2 editors as dos perl
- a friend downloaded the file using commandline scp command on cygwin
$ scp -i ssh_keys/blank_id_rsa email@example.com:/var/www/blank.net/cgi-bin/script.pl .
- removed the default transfer presets, and created a single for Text xfer on condition of remote directory */cgi-bin
- downloaded a different file in a different dir (robots.txt) with text xfer and it comes down as dos text
- i was originally using 3.7.4 and upgraded just today no effect.
- changed to sftp no effect
- tried drag & drop xfer making sure the dialog has text chosen (it does).
so i need to get files down as unix. am i missing something somewhere?