Topic "Support ACL for SFTP"

Teka

This features is planned ?

Because WinSCP support sftp protocol v5 but not (yet ?) ACL Smile
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I do not know of any server supporting the feature. Do you?

prikryl wrote:
I do not know of any server supporting the feature. Do you?

That's a good reason Sad

But I'm working on a OpenSource project (MySecureShell: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mysecureshell/). Wink
And I'll implement Sftp protocol 4 and 5 (for the moment no support of acl).

Are you interested by working together for support more features on sftp protocol ?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Teka wrote:
Are you interested by working together for support more features on sftp protocol ?

Sure Smile What do you plan?

prikryl wrote:
Teka wrote:

Sure Smile What do you plan?

For the moment support full sftp protocol v5 and some extensions like (disk-usage is already supported) copy support, ... Wink
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Teka wrote:
For the moment support full sftp protocol v5 and some extensions like (disk-usage is already supported) copy support, ... Wink

OK, I'll try to test your server Smile

Come on our forum and i'll gave you an alpha version with support acl (in theory since i can't test Embarassed ) Very Happy
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Teka wrote:
Come on our forum and i'll gave you an alpha version with support acl (in theory since i can't test Embarassed ) Very Happy

Will come, once I find time for testing. Thanks!

No problem Very Happy

Maybe I can add sftp-extension (it's a standard extension) checksum in order to help you for this post: https://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1959 ?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Teka wrote:
Maybe I can add sftp-extension (it's a standard extension) checksum in order to help you for this post: https://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1959 ?

I do not know how it would help with the post, but it would be definitely a nice feature to have anyway Smile

Sorry for the up.

It's just a remind for you Wink
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This issue has been added to tracker.

For the record, commercial SFTP server implementations seem to be holding back on ACLs and other SFTP features because there's no client support. There seems to be a chicken-or-the-egg thing going on here and it has been for a couple years at least. Someone needs to take the first leap, and my guess is it's not going to be the commercial vendors.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
tyrel wrote:
For the record, commercial SFTP server implementations seem to be holding back on ACLs and other SFTP features because there's no client support. There seems to be a chicken-or-the-egg thing going on here and it has been for a couple years at least. Someone needs to take the first leap, and my guess is it's not going to be the commercial vendors.

I'm aware of that. But it is hard to implement anything when I do not have a server to test it against. While most server vendors have client application as well, so they can test it.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License