Topic "Root Access ..."

athlonfred
[View user's profile]

I'm trying to get WinSCP to connect to the server with root access. I've read the FAQ and that doesnt work. I've searched around the net and couldnt find anything.

If i connect to the server using WinSCP, then click the PuTTY icon and then type root i become root.

Before i formated my machine it worked fine as i had something typed into "Environment -> SCP -> Shell"

But i didnt write that down before i wiped my computer.

Any ideas cheers
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
All I can recommend you is in the FAQ. But providing you have read it already... What does not work?

I've tried putting this "/bin/bash -c 'sudo su -'" in the shell thingy in the WinSCP login box and that didnt work.

I've tried typing su - and su (i dont really know what im doing) in the PuTTY window that doesnt give me root access, but i type root i become root.

Cheers
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You can try to use your 'root' command (whatever it is) as the 'shell' in WinSCP.

Yes i've tried it with root in the shell login box thingy and that doesnt work either.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Maybe you can finally tell us, what does not work? Smile Any error message? Can you post a log file?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License