When trying to open a certain remote file 'aux.hpp' (by pressing F4), winSCP just hung up on me. It never did this before. So I cropped and touched it to be reborn empty, restart WinSCP etc - same crash. Hmm, should the name of the file be the cause? Tried it on another aux.hpp on another place - same crash. Variations on this theme: crashes on aux.cpp and aux.test, but NOT on aux2.ext (all empty dummy files, just for the bug hunt). Do the programmers feel no-one (else) should use any aux.*?! :)
* version 3.8.2 (build 330)
* logging mode: debug 2 (sample crash logfile (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>))
* SFTP (v3)
* Norton Commander-style interface
* No error message! WinSCP initiates the copy to local temporary directory, it seems to finish ok, then the dialog disappears and the program just hangs.
* Taken steps with above logfile:
- scroll down in home dir
- select aux.cpp and press F4 to edit. crash.