Topic "integration with putty - default settings"

raldred
[View user's profile]

Hey, I use the icon in winscp to open putty and automatically log me into the shell.
but I cant find where the session settings are stored for the instance of putty that winscp opens.

Basically I would like to increase the default line scrollback... I have changed the default settings in putty, but this doesn't effect the instances opened by winscp.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rob
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP stores the settings into "WinSCP temporary session" session in Putty session list. You may try to alter that. In the next version, I may improve that to load the defaults from default putty session.

Ok, that would be great because i guess there is no way to edit the temporary settings that are created?

Cheers
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
raldred wrote:
Ok, that would be great because i guess there is no way to edit the temporary settings that are created?

You can alter the settings from PuTTY. But only those that WinSCP does not create (most terminal/appearance settings).

prikryl wrote:
raldred wrote:

You can alter the settings from PuTTY. But only those that WinSCP does not create (most terminal/appearance settings).

I am able to change the WinSCP created settings by starting putty, so i am able to get custom colors on my putty session started by winscp. And these stay as defaults Very Happy
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License