keepuptodate problem

Advertisement

keepuptodate problem

when running
keepuptodate C:\sync /mnt/public/sync/[/quote]

File C:\sync\long\folder\path\file.exe is placed on the local machine
/mnt/public/sync/long/folder/path does not exist and causes keepuptodate to fail.
Is there a way to create a folder structure automatically if it is not already on the remote machine?

The situation I am working with is that C:\sync on the local machine has probably 1TB of data. I do NOT want to be pushing all that data to the remote server (/mnt/public/sync/).  I just want to push files created from here on foward.    

Advertisement

Re: keepuptodate problem

bah.. forgot to close my code tag... here is is a little more readable this time

Anonymous wrote:

when running keepuptodate C:\sync /mnt/public/sync/

File C:\sync\long\folder\path\file.exe is placed on the local machine
/mnt/public/sync/long/folder/path does not exist and causes keepuptodate to fail.
Is there a way to create a folder structure automatically if it is not already on the remote machine?

The situation I am working with is that C:\sync on the local machine has probably 1TB of data. I do NOT want to be pushing all that data to the remote server (/mnt/public/sync/). I just want to push files created from here on foward.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

No. Precondition for the keepuptodate is that the directories are synchronized already. Otherwise the function cannot work reliably.

martin wrote:

No. Precondition for the keepuptodate is that the directories are synchronized already. Otherwise the function cannot work reliably.
:( This would make for good error prevention. Would be nice to see the feature in a future release if anyone would be so kind :)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum