Topic "Vista problem"

Author Message
Netspy

Guest


I use Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and WinSCP with NC user interface. If I select files with the Ins key, the F5 key doesn't work. If I select the files with mouse or Shift+Cursor, F5 works fine.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Netspy wrote:
I use Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and WinSCP with NC user interface. If I select files with the Ins key, the F5 key doesn't work. If I select the files with mouse or Shift+Cursor, F5 works fine.

Do the files get highlighted with Ins? Does other method of copy work (buttons, menu, etc.)?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
Do the files get highlighted with Ins?

Yes.
prikryl wrote:
Does other method of copy work (buttons, menu, etc.)?

Yes. Only the F5 key doesn't work after Ins.
Netspy

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Does other method of copy work (buttons, menu, etc.)?

Sorry, my mistake. Other methods of copy doesn't work. The copy button and menu item are gray.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
What if you select some files with Ins and then select another file with mouse (while holdind ctrl)? You Copy enable? And if you then deselect (again with mouse) that one file (leaving selected only files previously select with Ins), would the Copy stay enabled?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Netspy

Guest


prikryl wrote:
What if you select some files with Ins and then select another file with mouse (while holdind ctrl)? You Copy enable? And if you then deselect (again with mouse) that one file (leaving selected only files previously select with Ins), would the Copy stay enabled?

- I select 3 files with Ins: WinSCP say 3 of 18 files selected but [F5 Copy] is disabled
- I select 2 files with Ctrl+Mouse: 5 of 18 files selected, [F5 Copy] is enabled (if I copy the files, all 5 files will transfered)
- I unselect one of the file with Ctrl+Mouse: 4 of 18 files selected, [F5 Copy] is enabled
- I unselect another file with Ctrl+Mouse: 3 of 18 files selected, [F5 Copy] is disabled

While testing, I see another problem. No matter how I select the files, if I move the file focus with cursor up or down, F5, F6 and F8 will be disabled.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Can you mail me your email address, so I can send you back a debug version?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Netspy

Guest


netspy (at) arcor (dot) de
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Netspy wrote:
netspy (at) arcor (dot) de

Thanks. I'll contact you in few days.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Vadim Makarov

Guest


I'm having the same problem. I've just upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3, but this hasn't fixed this bug.

If you want to get details, test a debug version, etc., you can contact me at makarov@vad1.com
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Vadim Makarov wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I've just upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3, but this hasn't fixed this bug.

If you want to get details, test a debug version, etc., you can contact me at ...

I have sent you an email.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Can anyone else, who is having this problem, contact me on my email address?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License