Topic "files copied to temp directory but not target directory"

Author Message
vince100

Guest


I am using version 3.8.2 build 300, "Norton Commander" interface, Use temp directory for drag & drop.

The problem is that sometimes when I transfer large amount of files by dragging the remote folder onto my windows (XP) desktop, the files will be copied to the temp folder but NOT my desktop. The transfer dialog just closed and the Explorer copy dialog never appeared. The problem can happen with any remote servers and any local Explorer folders. It seems somehow winscp just forgot to do this very last step.

The problem has been haunting me since 2.x version. It has never been solved. And with the latest version, things just became worse: I used to be able to manually browse to the temp folder and get my files there, but with the latest version, winscp seems to be pretty confident in what it is doing and always delete the temp folder even if the files are NOT copied to the target folder at all. Maybe at least do a checking in the code: if files are in the target folder then delete temp dir?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25018
Location: Prague, Czechia
vince100 wrote:
The problem is that sometimes when I transfer large amount of files by dragging the remote folder onto my windows (XP) desktop, the files will be copied to the temp folder but NOT my desktop. The transfer dialog just closed and the Explorer copy dialog never appeared. The problem can happen with any remote servers and any local Explorer folders. It seems somehow winscp just forgot to do this very last step.

Is it possible that it happens when transfer takes too long time?

Quote:
Maybe at least do a checking in the code: if files are in the target folder then delete temp dir?

If WinSCP could know what's the target folder, it would not need to download the files to temp dir first Sad
_________________
Martin Prikryl
vince100

Guest


Yes, it did take a long time to transfer the files before that happened. Is that a problem? I can transfer without the temp folder, but then i cannot drag between two remote servers. Sad Since the final copy was done by windows explorer, is that a communication problem between winscp and explorer?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25018
Location: Prague, Czechia
vince100 wrote:
Since the final copy was done by windows explorer, is that a communication problem between winscp and explorer?

I guess that Explorer simply gives up waiting for WinSCP to deliver files.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License