Topic "Edit remote window won't come to front after going to back"

Latest 4.0b, Win2k, "Norton-Look"

Connect to remote site, double-click somefile.php or similar to edit it, file gets downloaded, opened, fine.

Now switch to some other app or main WinSCP Window with Alt-Tab.

Then try to get to the editor-window again by clicking it in the taskbar, you can't. It always brings the main WinSCP to front.

Workaround 1: After Editor in Taskbar you have to click main app in Taskbar then it shows Editor

Workaround 2: With right mousebutton use "Minimize" in Taskbar on Editor Window, then it will show up, if you click it again.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you try that with 3.8.2?

Yes, I've got the same problem.. It not that big a deal, just very annoying Smile The editor window refuses to show. Even if you make the main window smaller(not maximized), it's on top of the editor window.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Yes, I've got the same problem..

Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the same user. Did you answer the "3.8.2" question?

Hi Martin,

no, in 3.8.2 this is working as it is supposed to be... I have upgraded just today to version 4 and this is really making me sad as the internal editor is one of the features that I use all the time.... can you please have a look at it ? As you can see, this really is an annoying bug....

Thanks a lot Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'll check that.

i experienced the same problem after updating from 3.8.2
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
dblue wrote:

This problem has been resolved already. The fix will be part of the next release.

prikryl wrote:
dblue wrote:

This problem has been resolved already. The fix will be part of the next release.

perfect.... I am really happy to hear to this Martin. When do you plan to release the next release ?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
sopi20 wrote:
perfect.... I am really happy to hear to this Martin. When do you plan to release the next release ?

One or two weeks.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License