Topic "Execution of executable files question. :) (Far plugin)"

Alex Grushin

Hi!
First of all - awesome plug-in, thank you for it!
But I wonder, is there a way to execute my program without writing "./MyProgram"?
Example: When I'm working remotely via SecureCRT+"Midnight Commander" file manager, executables are highlighted with green color (like Windows *.exe in Far) and normally execute after hitting Enter on them. In WinSCP, however, it's not that simple. Sad
Thank you in advance.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Good point. I've never thought of that Smile

prikryl wrote:
Good point. I've never thought of that Smile

Oh, and by the way - when I copy files from one folder on remote Unix machine to another folder (on the same host), this plug-in copies everything on my machine at first and then copies it back to remote machine. Am I doing something wrong?

And some note on execution - built-in programs (like "tar" or "mpirun") work fine without "./". Just for the full picture. Smile
Thanks for fast reply.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Oh, and by the way - when I copy files from one folder on remote Unix machine to another folder (on the same host), this plug-in copies everything on my machine at first and then copies it back to remote machine. Am I doing something wrong?

Direct copy is not implemented.
Site Admin
This issue has been added to tracker.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License