Topic "file transfer overwrite confirmation major annoyance"

remtheory
[View user's profile]

Hi there,

Despite changing the preferences to NOT use confirmations every time a file gets overwritten and ALSO choosing to ignore future confirmations, I still get the confirmation when overriding files. Majorly annoying. I have the latest version. What am I missing? Is there somewhere else this is called? I'm sure I must be doing something wrong or this would be reported tons of times!

Rachel
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What version are you using?

I'm using the latest, 4.0.2.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
So if you start WinSCP and go to preferences, you see Overwrite confirmations turned off?

Hi,

I'm not getting the "overwrite" confirmation at all, even when I have ticked it in the Preferences. Tried dragging+dropping a file from my desktop to the remote server window (which was successful) and then repeated the process, expecting a "Do you wish to overwite" dialog.

Version 4.0.3 build 345
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
I'm not getting the "overwrite" confirmation at all, even when I have ticked it in the Preferences. Tried dragging+dropping a file from my desktop to the remote server window (which was successful) and then repeated the process, expecting a "Do you wish to overwite" dialog.

What protocol are you using? Where exactly do you drop file? Are you dragging single file only?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License