Topic "Max Transfers"

undoIT

I set the background number of transfers to 9. In the queue I only see one transfer uploading. I'm wondering if this is working. Does the queue just show one file transfer even if 9 are being uploaded simultaneously?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You probably do not understand how the queue works. There's always single transfer for a one batch transfer. If you want to transfer several files simultaneously, you must schedule that number of transfers.

Let's say I'm uploading a directory with 20 image files and 15 HTML files. After adding the directory to the queue, I'd expect that 9 of the contained files would be transferred simultaneously. Can I actually see 9 files being uploaded in the queue? Do I have to drag and drop each new file or directory in order to start a new batch transfer so that more than one file will be uploaded at the same time?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Let's say I'm uploading a directory with 20 image files and 15 HTML files. After adding the directory to the queue, I'd expect that 9 of the contained files would be transferred simultaneously. Can I actually see 9 files being uploaded in the queue? Do I have to drag and drop each new file or directory in order to start a new batch transfer so that more than one file will be uploaded at the same time?

That's the only way. Anyway most SSH server does not allow you that many simultanous connection. And remember that opening session over SSH is costly (comparing to FTP).

I need HELP with the Max Transfer functionality in WinSCP.

Running WinSCP.com (command line only) script to upload a directory containing numerous subdirectories and files.

Expecting to see up to 9 simultaneous uploads occurring while monitoring the FTP server on a separate connection but only see 1 file Transfer at a time.

Would like to get Max Transfer working where up to 9 simultaneous uploads are occurring.

script looks like this

option batch on
option confirm off
option binary
open ftp://user:pwd@host:21
cd backup
mkdir backup_20080108_061022
cd backup_20080108_061022
option transfer binary
put C:\backup_20080108_061022\*.*
exit
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
TonyR wrote:
Would like to get Max Transfer working where up to 9 simultaneous uploads are occurring.

Background/simultaneous transfers are not supported in scripting.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License