Topic "Organizing Open Sessions"

vikram

Hello,
Thanks for a wonderful product & appreciate your response to the posts.
I would really appreciate if we could have clickable icons that lead to Opened or Saved sessions insead\along with the drop down list.
It can also be a tabbed view....
Thanks,
Vikram
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You can get stored sessions in list by using "new session" command. I haven't supposed that anyone would have that many opened sessions to be worth making a special window for that.
psny18

Hi,

Would the implementation of "tabs" be difficult. I typically have several (many) winscp programs running and would benefit from having quick switching between them.

Best, Phil
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
psny18 wrote:
Would the implementation of "tabs" be difficult. I typically have several (many) winscp programs running and would benefit from having quick switching between them.

You can already have several sessions opened in single window. Please read documentation.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I was referring to a feature that is there in another FTP tool.
The tool saves all the previously opened sessions which are arranged in a tabbed view next to each other.

(A double click restores all the previously opened sessions)

I work on several servers & I have to click on each Stored session everytime (May be this is too much to ask, but it would be great to have clickable tabs to switch between sessions, instead of ALT+1,2,3 etc.
Anyway, I love this product even without this feature.
Thanks,
Vikram
PS: Thanks for replying to all posts. I appreciate it! I see that you answer all questions promptly.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
vikram wrote:
I was referring to a feature that is there in another FTP tool.
The tool saves all the previously opened sessions which are arranged in a tabbed view next to each other.

OK, I see.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License