Topic "Displaying time duration of copying files"

ThomasW
[View user's profile]

Hello,

is there a way in WinSCP (I use version 3.6.8) to display the total time duration taken for copying files; if yes, how?

Of course "time elapsed" is displayed during the copy process. But afterwards, i. e. after finishing the copy process, the copy dialog suddenly disappears and the information about the total time needed for copying the files is lost.

Thanks for all good hints.

Thomas Wiedmann
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What would you use the information for?

prikryl wrote:
What would you use the information for?

Sometimes there a large files to be copied using WinSCP. So it takes time until the copy process is finished and I don't like to observe the copy dialog permanently. Therefore it would be interesting to know the total time of copying large files after a copy process (to assume the time duration for other copy processes with large files)

Thomas Wiedmann
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
ThomasW wrote:
Sometimes there a large files to be copied using WinSCP. So it takes time until the copy process is finished and I don't like to observe the copy dialog permanently. Therefore it would be interesting to know the total time of copying large files after a copy process (to assume the time duration for other copy processes with large files)

"Time estimated" shows you what you need, doesn't it?

Where can I find this info message "Time estimated", i. e. where it is displayed?

Thomas Wiedmann
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
On transfer progress window, left of time elapsed. You have to have Calculate total size option enabled (what is default).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License