Topic "automatic backup before overwriting a remote file"

Marcus

hi there,

is it possible to ask winscp to automatically backup an exisiting file on the remote server (ie renaming it with a timestamp, maybe moving it to a new folder) before overwriting it with a local copy?

I found some scripts in the "scripting"-area of this website which are almost doing what I need to, but on the one hand, all the file names in that examples are hard coded (how do I get the filename of the file to overwrite?) and they have to be invoked manually (how can I invoke them automatically by simply starting an upload?).
And of course, it should be possible to activate or deactivate such a feature depending on the chosen account.

I'm not sure if some or all of this is possible, if not, please move this topic to the "feature requests"-board Smile

TIA
Marcus
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please read documentation.

prikryl wrote:
Please read documentation.

Embarassed

Thanks. Maybe you should rename that feature to "automatic backup" or something so that dumbasses like me will find it Wink I would never have come up with the idea to look for a "trashbin"-option Cool

Marcus
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License