Custom keep-alive commands

Advertisement

epp_b
Guest

Custom keep-alive commands

I find that, with some servers (particularly the ones I use on a regular basis) do not respond to WinSCP's keep-alive commands and constantly time out.

I would like to see an option to create custom keep-alive commands so that I can send keep-alives that the servers I connect to will actually recognize.

Thanks.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Custom keep-alive commands

This issue has been added to tracker.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

az
Guest

better FTP keep alive

My homepage server (free.fr!) disconnects every 45 seconds even with the (FTP) keep-alive.
Could the FTP keep-alive options be extended? I can stay connected with Smart-FTP, but I would prefer to use win-SCP for all my transfers, be they secure or simple FTP. I guess it would be possible (and easy :-) to adopt the same keep-alive strategy as Smart-FTP to be able to stay connected with reluctant servers like free.fr! :-)

Thank you!

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: better FTP keep alive

az wrote:

My homepage server (free.fr!) disconnects every 45 seconds even with the (FTP) keep-alive.
Could the FTP keep-alive options be extended? I can stay connected with Smart-FTP, but I would prefer to use win-SCP for all my transfers, be they secure or simple FTP. I guess it would be possible (and easy :-) to adopt the same keep-alive strategy as Smart-FTP to be able to stay connected with reluctant servers like free.fr! :-)
What keepalive-strategy does SmartFTP use?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

jbass350z
Guest

also cannot stay connected

I like WinSCP very much however I too have a lot of troubles keeping it connected to my servers. FlashFXP does a much better job at staying connected but is limited in its features. One one of my servers it disconnects every 5-10 seconds. FlashFXP and Filezilla stay connected for a very long time on this server.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: also cannot stay connected

jbass350z wrote:

I like WinSCP very much however I too have a lot of troubles keeping it connected to my servers. FlashFXP does a much better job at staying connected but is limited in its features. One one of my servers it disconnects every 5-10 seconds. FlashFXP and Filezilla stay connected for a very long time on this server.
Can you post a log file of WinSCP and of either FlashFXP of Filezilla?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

cyp
Guest

Keepalive command for WinSCP

Is there anyway to script in a way to make WinSCP issue the keepalive command when in SFTP mode or is this something that can be added in an update, etc.? I find this program to be great but compared to others; filezilla, etc. it really is horrible at staying connected to servers with limits.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Keepalive command for WinSCP

cyp wrote:

Is there anyway to script in a way to make WinSCP issue the keepalive command when in SFTP mode or is this something that can be added in an update, etc.? I find this program to be great but compared to others; filezilla, etc. it really is horrible at staying connected to servers with limits.
Please read FAQ:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_script_ini
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum