Topic "Custom keep-alive commands"

epp_b

I find that, with some servers (particularly the ones I use on a regular basis) do not respond to WinSCP's keep-alive commands and constantly time out.

I would like to see an option to create custom keep-alive commands so that I can send keep-alives that the servers I connect to will actually recognize.

Thanks.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This issue has been added to tracker.

Brilliant, thanks!
az

My homepage server (free.fr!) disconnects every 45 seconds even with the (FTP) keep-alive.
Could the FTP keep-alive options be extended? I can stay connected with Smart-FTP, but I would prefer to use win-SCP for all my transfers, be they secure or simple FTP. I guess it would be possible (and easy Smile to adopt the same keep-alive strategy as Smart-FTP to be able to stay connected with reluctant servers like free.fr! Smile

Thank you!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
az wrote:
My homepage server (free.fr!) disconnects every 45 seconds even with the (FTP) keep-alive.
Could the FTP keep-alive options be extended? I can stay connected with Smart-FTP, but I would prefer to use win-SCP for all my transfers, be they secure or simple FTP. I guess it would be possible (and easy Smile to adopt the same keep-alive strategy as Smart-FTP to be able to stay connected with reluctant servers like free.fr! Smile

What keepalive-strategy does SmartFTP use?

I like WinSCP very much however I too have a lot of troubles keeping it connected to my servers. FlashFXP does a much better job at staying connected but is limited in its features. One one of my servers it disconnects every 5-10 seconds. FlashFXP and Filezilla stay connected for a very long time on this server.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
jbass350z wrote:
I like WinSCP very much however I too have a lot of troubles keeping it connected to my servers. FlashFXP does a much better job at staying connected but is limited in its features. One one of my servers it disconnects every 5-10 seconds. FlashFXP and Filezilla stay connected for a very long time on this server.

Can you post a log file of WinSCP and of either FlashFXP of Filezilla?

Is there anyway to script in a way to make WinSCP issue the keepalive command when in SFTP mode or is this something that can be added in an update, etc.? I find this program to be great but compared to others; filezilla, etc. it really is horrible at staying connected to servers with limits.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
cyp wrote:
Is there anyway to script in a way to make WinSCP issue the keepalive command when in SFTP mode or is this something that can be added in an update, etc.? I find this program to be great but compared to others; filezilla, etc. it really is horrible at staying connected to servers with limits.

Please read FAQ:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_script_ini

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License