Topic "Remembering and storing passwords"

Ydriuf
[View user's profile]

The FTP servers I use tend to break the connection often (mostly due to timeout) and if the password is not stored in the session data I need to retype it repeatedly each time timeout occurs.

Is there a method to make WinSCP remember the password during the whole session (e.g. until WinSCP is closed) without saving it on disk?
Or maybe there is or could be a possibility to move password data from Windows Registry (where they are unsafe) to, for instance, a file on an encrypted volume.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Ydriuf wrote:
Is there a method to make WinSCP remember the password during the whole session (e.g. until WinSCP is closed) without saving it on disk?

Password is remembered if:
- you type it already on login dialog (if you are using stored session, just load it [edit], type in password and press login)
- you enable either of preference options "remember session password and pass it to putty" or "remember password of main session for background transfers"

Quote:
Or maybe there is or could be a possibility to move password data from Windows Registry (where they are unsafe) to, for instance, a file on an encrypted volume.

Please read documentation.

I needed to move whole WinSCP folder (including ini file) to encrypted volume but it works and that's all I needed. Thank you for your help.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License