Topic "synchronized browsing fails when moving to next "uncle" dir"

MarkAMandel
[View user's profile]

I prefer to keep synchronized browsing turned on whenever I can. But when I am browsing through the tree view, and I am on the last "child" subdirectory in a "parent" directory, and I press DOWN to go to the next "uncle" directory (or click on it), I get the error message "Cannot open corresponding directory in the opposite panel. Directory browsing synchronisation failed. It has been turned off."

*common
**doc
***addendum
**tools

Suppose I am in "addendum" in both the local and remote directories. If I try to go to "doc", everything is fine. But if I try to go to "tools" I get the error.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This issue is being tracked already.

prikryl wrote:
This issue is being tracked already.

Question What I see in the tracking is "This feature has been implemented already. It will be included into the next major release." When I go to the link on "implemented", I see 2 mentions of synchronized browsing but nothing (that I recognize) as addressing this bug.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
MarkAMandel wrote:
Question What I see in the tracking is "This feature has been implemented already. It will be included into the next major release." When I go to the link on "implemented", I see 2 mentions of synchronized browsing but nothing (that I recognize) as addressing this bug.

You probably refer to my post in the other thread. However the other thread is mainly about creating non-existing directory in an opposite panel. I was referring to that function. Synchronized browsing to "uncle" folder is not implemented yet.

prikryl wrote:
You probably refer to my post in the other thread. However the other thread is mainly about creating non-existing directory in an opposite panel. I was referring to that function. Synchronized browsing to "uncle" folder is not implemented yet.

Thank you for the clarification.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License