overwrite confirmation always on with FTP

Advertisement

petr.pavel
Donor
petr.pavel avatar
Joined:
Posts:
21
Location:
Praha, Czech Republic

overwrite confirmation always on with FTP

Hi Martin,
I have the latest WinSCP as FAR Plugin 1.6 beta.
When I connect using plain ol' FTP and try to upload a file that already exists I get "Remote file '...' already exists. Overwrite?" question no matter what I chose in Far Options / Plugin Configuration / WinSCP / Confirmations: Overwriting of files

Selecting "Never ask me again" doesn't have any effect on the question. It does turn off the Confirmation option in Plugin Configuration though.
It's just that the configuration option isn't taken into account.

It's just a minor thing, I'm glad that you incorporated FTP into WinSCP FAR Plugin so that I can enjoy Synchronised browsing even with FTP.

Thanks a heap mate.
Petr

P.S.: About option in WinSCP plugin configuration shows "Specified file info string not available".
_________________
Life is what you make it.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: overwrite confirmation always on with FTP

This is know issue (see tracker) that has been resolved in WinSCP 4.0.7. Once the plugin is updated, it will also include the fix.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

petr.pavel
Donor
petr.pavel avatar
Joined:
Posts:
21
Location:
Praha, Czech Republic

Re: overwrite confirmation always on with FTP

martin wrote:

Once the plugin is updated, it will also include the fix.

Hello Martin,
any chance you could update the plug-in any time soon?
I know you're doing this in your free time I would just like to "ping" this thread to express my continuing interest :-)

Thanks.
Petr

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: overwrite confirmation always on with FTP

Plugin will be updated once final version of 4.1.x is released. Hopefully it will be the next one :-)
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Jim_S
Guest

Same problem here

AFAIK I'm running the latest release (4.1.4, build 407) and have this problem only when source folders are empty.

Jim

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Same problem here

Jim_S wrote:

AFAIK I'm running the latest release (4.1.4, build 407) and have this problem only when source folders are empty.
This forum is about FAR plugin. Anyway, why do you expect overwrite confirmation if there are no source files?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Jim_S
Guest

Re: Same problem here

martin wrote:

Jim_S wrote:

AFAIK I'm running the latest release (4.1.4, build 407) and have this problem only when source folders are empty.
This forum is about FAR plugin. Anyway, why do you expect overwrite confirmation if there are no source files?

No, I don't expect a overwrite confirmation. I choose the option for disabling that confirmation when I run WinSCP within a Explorer shell but every time when there is a empty folder to copy, I get that annoying confirmation screen.

Sorry for using the wrong forum, I've found this thread while searching for the problem I'm dealing with.

Jim

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Same problem here

Jim_S wrote:

No, I don't expect a overwrite confirmation. I choose the option for disabling that confirmation when I run WinSCP within a Explorer shell but every time when there is a empty folder to copy, I get that annoying confirmation screen.
Can you post a screenshot?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Jim_S
Guest

Screenshots

Ok, here is a sample.

This is my starting session:

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

While copying an empty folder I get an error like this:

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

My FTP host is DriveHQ. Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Jim

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Screenshots

Sorry, that's an error message, not confirmation message. Can you post a log file?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

petr.pavel
Donor
petr.pavel avatar
Joined:
Posts:
21
Location:
Praha, Czech Republic

Re: overwrite confirmation always on with FTP

martin wrote:

Plugin will be updated once final version of 4.1.x is released. Hopefully it will be the next one :-)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was a major pain for me and now it's gone. What a relief.

Thanks a bunch, Martin.

Petr
_________________
Life is what you make it.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum