Error Message

Advertisement

RadPal
Guest

Error Message

I receive this message, and the transfer starts over again. Can you tell me what it means?

. 2008-04-14 22:30:13.388 Session upkeep
. 2008-04-14 22:30:13.604 [Background 1] Timeout detected.
. 2008-04-14 22:30:13.606 [Background 1] Copying files to remote side failed.
. 2008-04-14 22:30:13.606 [Background 1] Got reply 1004 to the command 4
. 2008-04-14 22:30:13.901 Session upkeep
. 2008-04-14 22:30:14.405 Session upkeep

I believe it is a server problem, but I would like to be knowledgeable about this message when I talk to the server admin.

- paul

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,809
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Error Message

What version of WinSCP are you using?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,809
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Error Message

This issue is being tracked here.

Can you provide me your email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem further? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find it (if you log in) in my forum profile. Thanks.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

RadPal
Guest

Re: Error Message

martin wrote:

This issue is being tracked here.

Can you provide me your email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem further? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find it (if you log in) in my forum profile. Thanks.

<removed>

Reply with quote

Advertisement

RadPal
Guest

Re: Error Message

RadPal wrote:

martin wrote:

This issue is being tracked here.

Can you provide me your email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem further? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find it (if you log in) in my forum profile. Thanks.

<removed>

Sorry! <removed>, www.genisys-gmbh.com.

Reply with quote

melgish
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Central Florida

I'm getting a similar issue downloading large files.

At the end of the transfer, it pops a timeout error. If I click abort button at this point, the file is perfectly fine. If I miss my 5 second window, it restarts again and again and again.

Currently retrying with debug 1 log turned on.

Reply with quote E-mail

melgish
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Central Florida

Here's the tail end of the log...

What I note here is that TransferSocket.cpp(1179): Close() is called 3 times, the last being from the ~CTransferSocket(). I'd suspect the 'timeout' is because you are trying to close a connection in the destructor that you have already closed (twice).


. 2008-07-03 13:17:31.245 Session upkeep
. 2008-07-03 13:17:31.964 Session upkeep
. 2008-07-03 13:17:32.323 Session upkeep
. 2008-07-03 13:17:32.902 Session upkeep
. 2008-07-03 13:17:33.464 Session upkeep
. 2008-07-03 13:17:33.745 Session upkeep
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 Session upkeep
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 TransferSocket.cpp(557): OnClose(0) caller=0x01d844a4
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 TransferSocket.cpp(1179): Close() caller=0x01d844a4
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 TransferSocket.cpp(1179): Close() caller=0x01d844a4
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 FtpControlSocket.cpp(2070): TransferEnd(24) OpMode=24 OpState=19 caller=0x01d48204
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 FtpControlSocket.cpp(2107): FileTransfer(0, TRUE, 0) OpMode=24 OpState=19 caller=0x01d48204
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 TransferSocket.cpp(108): ~CTransferSocket() caller=0x01d844a4
. 2008-07-03 13:17:34.324 TransferSocket.cpp(1179): Close() caller=0x01d844a4
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.027 Timeout detected.
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.027 FtpControlSocket.cpp(1199): DoClose(0) OpMode=24 OpState=19 caller=0x01d48204
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.027 FtpControlSocket.cpp(4184): ResetOperation(4100) OpMode=24 OpState=19 caller=0x01d48204
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.043 Copying files from remote side failed.
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.043 Got reply 1004 to the command 4
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.043 Connection was lost, asking what to do.
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.043 Asking user:
. 2008-07-03 13:17:49.043 Lost connection. ("Timeout detected.","Copying files from remote side failed.","Downloading in BINARY file MyFileName.exe (214426659)")
* 2008-07-03 13:17:50.746 (ESshFatal) Lost connection.
* 2008-07-03 13:17:50.746 Timeout detected.
* 2008-07-03 13:17:50.746 Copying files from remote side failed.
* 2008-07-03 13:17:50.746 Downloading in BINARY file MyFileName.exe (214426659)
* 2008-07-03 13:17:50.746 Copying files from remote side failed.
. 2008-07-03 13:17:53.933 FtpControlSocket.cpp(181): ~CFtpControlSocket() caller=0x01d48204
. 2008-07-03 13:17:53.933 FtpControlSocket.cpp(1199): DoClose(0) OpMode=0 OpState=-1 caller=0x01d48204
. 2008-07-03 13:17:53.933 FtpControlSocket.cpp(4184): ResetOperation(4100) OpMode=0 OpState=-1 caller=0x01d48204
. 2008-07-03 13:17:53.933 ControlSocket.cpp(89): ~CControlSocket() caller=0x01d48204

Reply with quote E-mail

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,809
Location:
Prague, Czechia

melgish wrote:

I'm getting a similar issue downloading large files.

At the end of the transfer, it pops a timeout error. If I click abort button at this point, the file is perfectly fine. If I miss my 5 second window, it restarts again and again and again.

Currently retrying with debug 1 log turned on.
What FTP server are you using? Have you read problem description in tracker? Does it match?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

melgish
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Central Florida

martin wrote:

What FTP server are you using? Have you read problem description in tracker? Does it match?

I don't manage the server, but when I connect using the windows command-line client, it reports: WS_FTP Server 6.0 (14829293) I've seen a similar issue connecting to Microsoft's (Windows XP/SP2).

In every case I've observed, if I can abort before the retry starts, the file is exactly what it should be.

I won't say the tracker issue is a perfect match, but it's pretty close.

Reply with quote E-mail

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,809
Location:
Prague, Czechia

melgish wrote:

I don't manage the server, but when I connect using the windows command-line client, it reports: WS_FTP Server 6.0 (14829293) I've seen a similar issue connecting to Microsoft's (Windows XP/SP2).

In every case I've observed, if I can abort before the retry starts, the file is exactly what it should be.

I won't say the tracker issue is a perfect match, but it's pretty close.
I have sent you a debug version.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

melgish
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Central Florida

martin wrote:

I have sent you a debug version.

Got the debug version, and it's still not able to complete a large download w/o intervention.

I've captured new logs if you want them, but I deleted your email (or just can't find it) so I can't send them.

.zip is about 36k

Reply with quote E-mail

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,809
Location:
Prague, Czechia

melgish wrote:

I've captured new logs if you want them, but I deleted your email (or just can't find it) so I can't send them.
See my profile (you have to login).
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

melgish
Joined:
Posts:
5
Location:
Central Florida

Thanks,

After a few downloads I realized that the debug version you sent is even worse than 4.0.7. With 4.0.7, the transfer was completed and buffers were flushed to disk before the timeout occured. With your debug version, the file transfer was aborted before being complete.

The results is that WinSCP is now 100% usless to me, instead of 75%. I'm sorry but I have to move on to a different application.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts to fix the issues, but I need to get my work done, and can't spare any more time.

Thank you.

Reply with quote E-mail

MattO7
Guest

I am also getting this error...

I have the exact same error. It appears to be random as well, WinSCP was working fine for awhile, then this morning I came to the computer and it appeared it was trying to download the same file the 2,000th time because of this bug.

What happens is the file completes then I get the same timeouts and it trys again, and again, and again...

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,809
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: I am also getting this error...

MattO7 wrote:

I have the exact same error. It appears to be random as well, WinSCP was working fine for awhile, then this morning I came to the computer and it appeared it was trying to download the same file the 2,000th time because of this bug.

What happens is the file completes then I get the same timeouts and it trys again, and again, and again...
What if your FTP server?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

bemit
Guest

Any resolution to this problem?

Did anyone managed to get a solution for this problem?
I started experiencing the same issue beginning this week. Previously there was no problems with the same script.
After 100% file download, I get a message "Lost Connection". The connection auto-reconnects and the same file is being downloaded again.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply with quote

Advertisement

red_perez
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
UK

Problem still there

Hi,
The problem still there, I have old windows xp64 bit, winCSP version 5.9.2 (build6958), all the symptoms as described

my log

2016-09-18 17:00:03.703 Starting upload of C:\79\IMG_1633_bewerkt.jpg
> 2016-09-18 17:00:03.703 TYPE I
< 2016-09-18 17:00:03.734 200 Type set to I
> 2016-09-18 17:00:03.734 PASV
< 2016-09-18 17:00:03.765 227 Entering Passive Mode (193,164,220,227,243,110).
> 2016-09-18 17:00:03.765 STOR IMG_1633_bewerkt.jpg
< 2016-09-18 17:00:03.843 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for IMG_1633_bewerkt.jpg
. 2016-09-18 17:03:13.406 Timeout detected. (control connection)
. 2016-09-18 17:03:13.406 Copying files to remote side failed.
. 2016-09-18 17:03:13.406 Got reply 1004 to the command 4
. 2016-09-18 17:03:13.406 Connection was lost, asking what to do.
. 2016-09-18 17:03:13.406 Asking user:
. 2016-09-18 17:03:13.406 Lost connection. ("Timeout detected. (control connection)","Copying files to remote side failed.")

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,809
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Problem still there

Can you upload a file using any other FTP client?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum