Topic "Remember if stored-session folder is open / closed"

zero

The stored-sessions folders are a wonderful new feature. <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Only thing that bugs me is that the folders don't remember their state (open/closed), with each WinSCP-start they're closed.
So it would be a nice addition if each folder displays the way it was when WinSCP was closed before.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your post. This issue has been added to tracker.

I came here to request this too. However, I searched & found it's already requested & tracked, since 2008.

I don't know if it helps, but I'd like to add a "me too" vote. I've asked before, but do you need help with coding? Ever thought of putting WinSCP on Bitbucket?...or any other source code site.

I had never tried using session folder's, but now that I have, I notice it is annoying to re-open them each time.

Most people's suggestion is to simply "remember" the last-used open/closed-ness of the tree...& while that is fine, I'd like to add one more suggestion: let us get the tree like we want it, then be able to save it...but not re-remember each time we temporarily open/close/change something.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Ok, thanks for your suggestion.

Windows has always been very weak in the area of desktop organization memory. God forbid your icon layout should get messed up. Exclamation
Shinsuryu

Hello,

I'd like to know if the last suggestion has been implemented?

Or is it a way to disable that feature ? is there any option to keep all the folders closed at start-up ?

Thanks in advance
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License