Topic "Thumbnails/filmstrip"

lildrummerboy307

It would be really cool if you were able to view thumbnails that are on the remote machine...If that is even possible to create a preview of the image from there computer onto yours.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Currently, I do not plan to add such feature. Sorry Sad

have you changed your mind... its been 5 years? any plans now to add it?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Sorry, I do not plan such functionality. It is too much out of scope.

i'm also interested in such a feature. i don't want to run samba only for this feature. for moving/copying files is winscp a great application, but for large image-folders a such feature will be useful.

btw. is there a possibility to run a script on server after uploading a file (creating thumbnail for webserver).

regards Frank
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
_frank_ wrote:
btw. is there a possibility to run a script on server after uploading a file (creating thumbnail for webserver).

It is rather task for a server. Some SFTP/FTP servers provide such functionality.
aravere

I have a number of nondescript filenames (e.g. DSC_8872) that I've uploaded to a remote server. Without thumbnails, is there another simple and quick method of determining what the file image looks like? Some of the files are large, so loading them locally is tedious, and so is going back through my system to determine what they are...

Thanks!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This request has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=912

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License