Topic "Applications directory gets "Error Listing Directory""

drifter77
[View user's profile]

Hello, I transfered the program SMSD on the applications folder, and now each time I try to access it I get "Error Listing Directory '/private/var/Applications"

Now I can't access the directory, or even delete that program. Please help, I've searched in the forums and common but didn't find it.

Thanks a lot.
Advertisements
JRB_BMB
[View user's profile]

So you transferred a file (an exe in this case) to a location on an FTP or SFTP site and you now get an error each time you try to access that directory?

From the minimal info I'd say it looks permissions related; I'd contact your network admin or the person responsible for the site.
Posting logs of the transfer or attempts to look at the directory or file would also help.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
drifter77 wrote:
Hello, I transfered the program SMSD on the applications folder, and now each time I try to access it I get "Error Listing Directory '/private/var/Applications"

Now I can't access the directory, or even delete that program. Please help, I've searched in the forums and common but didn't find it.

I suppose that you are referring to iPhone. There is more information in the error message. Please post full one.
MMeharez

[quote="prikryl"][quote="drifter77"]Hello, I transfered the program SMSD on the applications folder, and now each time I try to access it I get "Error Listing Directory '/private/var/Applications"

I getting this error to, that is the full mensage
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
MMeharez wrote:
I getting this error to, that is the full mensage

Have you pressed More button?
Site Admin
See documentation for hints and solutions regarding "Error listing directory" error.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License