Topic "Passphrase questioning when using internal editor"

derDepp
[View user's profile]

Hey,

I have the following problem:

When I open a file (e.g. bla.php) on my server (I'm using public key authentication with a passphrase) and I save the file, I'm being prompted for the passphrase, but only when saving for the first time. Is it possible to now ask for the passphrase again?

Thanks!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
derDepp wrote:
When I open a file (e.g. bla.php) on my server (I'm using public key authentication with a passphrase) and I save the file, I'm being prompted for the passphrase, but only when saving for the first time. Is it possible to now ask for the passphrase again?

WinSCP uses background transfer for uploads from editor. Once it opens the background session for the first upload, it keeps it open for future uploads. So no it is not possible.

prikryl wrote:
derDepp wrote:

WinSCP uses background transfer for uploads from editor. Once it opens the background session for the first upload, it keeps it open for future uploads. So no it is not possible.
OK thanks so far. Wouldn't it be possible to directly open the background session on start of the normal session with the entered passphrase?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
derDepp wrote:
OK thanks so far. Wouldn't it be possible to directly open the background session on start of the normal session with the entered passphrase?

First you wanted to ask for passphrase every time. Now you want to avoid asking. So what your purpose?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License