Topic "Inverted cursor please please!"

Author Message
Sandra

Guest


I recently moved to WinSCP from paid version of Total Commander because Mr Ghisler won't implement connection retry when dropped and few other things which bugs me forever, but there is however few things which i badly miss...

First is that i cannot specify that file cursor cannot be inverted like Total Commander selected file is only framed and that is barely to see.

Second, not so important, Ctrl+C Ctrl+V dont works as in explorer, it needs to copy paste files, not compare.

Third, last, least important. F3 won't preview file. Only edit works. For quick view i would love to have it. I didnt find a way to specify macro either to do it by my own, but if one can specify key macros, that would help too.


I swear i will donate when both are done, because it is better than TC and i plan to use it exclusively and also know how is to live from support over net. Smile
Thanks a lot!!
S.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Sandra wrote:
First is that i cannot specify that file cursor cannot be inverted like Total Commander selected file is only framed and that is barely to see.

I'm not a fan of introducing non-standard behaviour/display.

Quote:
Second, not so important, Ctrl+C Ctrl+V dont works as in explorer, it needs to copy paste files, not compare.

This request has been added to tracker.

Quote:
Third, last, least important. F3 won't preview file. Only edit works. For quick view i would love to have it.

What's a difference? Why do you think that F3 would be faster?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Sandra

Guest


Martin,

it is not non standard. When in explorer You using keyboard, also the text is with fully highlighted background. Not inverted like TC, but anyway with dark background and light text. It helps a lot

thanks for second

because i use for editor PSPad (because of highlighting -- do all nice tools comes from Tschechien?) and it starts slower than your editor. So for quickview i would use yours, for editing PSPad.

please please...
S.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Sandra wrote:
it is not non standard. When in explorer You using keyboard, also the text is with fully highlighted background. Not inverted like TC, but anyway with dark background and light text. It helps a lot

That's something different. The dark background in Explorer is not selection, not for focus. In Explorer selection moves by default with focus. In WinSCP and TC is does not by default. Note that if you force focus to be moved without changing selecting in Explorer (by holding down Ctrl key while pressing arrow key) you will get the same results as in WinSCP. BTW, You can switch to Explorer style behavior (move selection with focus) in WinSCP preferences.

Quote:
because i use for editor PSPad (because of highlighting -- do all nice tools comes from Tschechien?) and it starts slower than your editor. So for quickview i would use yours, for editing PSPad.

You can have more editors configured in WinSCP.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




WOW i completely didnt understood what it does. yes it does what i need Smile), thank You...!

yes I know, but how i can single key (f3) configure it? I found only how to configure it for specific extensions?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Anonymous wrote:
yes I know, but how i can single key (f3) configure it?

WinSCP does not support key mapping.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Sandra

Guest


ok but that was only small issue, I am happy now. Now if that Ctrl+C and V would work and i can forget TC alltogether Smile. I puted the PSpad to RAMdisk and it seems to be good enough for quick start. Will try to convince Mr Fiala to implement some tray icon which would make PSpad start faster.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License