I would appreciate if you can describe steps that lead to losing the files. Just in case there's a bug indeed, so it can get fixed.
I'm happy to describe my recollection of the sequence of events as best I can. Basically I set out to use WinSCP in Commander mode to reorganise the file system on my remote 1TB FAT32 wireless drive. I created about 5 new folders as sub-folders to a folder which contained a large number of big multimedia files. I then dragged and dropped files from the main folder to the sub-folders. Subsequently I dragged and dropped one of the sub-folders as well. I now know that I moved 63 files in total.
Afterwards a few moved files still had entries in one of the new folders but they were all displayed as 0 byte files by all the software I tried including explorer. The remaining files had disappeared from view completely although PC Inspector found all but two of them.
Since I last posted there have been further developments. I had connected the drive to my PC via USB in order to attempt the file recoveries. After they had all been recovered I attempted to copy and paste a surviving file from the 1TB drive to another USB attached drive and Windows crashed to a blue screen which advised me to run Chkdsk /F on the drive. (I can't recall ever having a Windows crash on this PC before - it was like old times :-) Anyway I ran Chkdsk on the 1TB drive and it "found" all 63 files and repaired the FAT. That would have been a much easier way for me to recover the files than PC Inspector but that's life!
I guess that you may have a bug in WinSCP - maybe relating to use over a wireless network, maybe to working with relatively large drives. It could however be a bug in the native operating software on my Mediagate system - the interface software appears to be pretty crude. The device is intended to be used as a media store and as a streaming media interface connecting the network to a home cinema system. It does that pretty well to the extent that I've explored so far.
Hope that helps