Topic "Refresh directory listing on browse"

Sumudu

Is there some setting that makes winscp refresh the listing on browsing? Here's the scenario:

In winscp, I browse to some directory, say /usr/bin, do whatever, and then browse back to /usr

Then, through another program (e.g. shell session) I create a file or directory in /usr/bin, or alternatively some process does the same.

Then in winscp, if I browse back to /usr/bin, I get the *old* listing -- until I manually hit refresh.

Any suggestions? Or should this be a feature request? If this doesn't exist, it could reasonably be lumped into the "automatically refresh directory after operation" setting (that is, browsing to a new directory could count as an operation)
Advertisements
jims@...

I've noticed the same behavior. Try moving up one level, or more, and then refresh.
Sumudu

Yes, I know that I can manually refresh to work around this.

But I think it would be better if there were an option to have WinSCP automatically ensure that it displays a current directory listing whenever I open a directory. I understand that it might not be a desirable default because it would slow down opening directories containing many files.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Just turn off directory cache.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License