Topic "Password box in 3.3"

Bob Isaac

For some reason, a dialogue box comes up and asks for a password when starting v3.3, even though the password is saved. Even if I put nothing in the box and click OK it will still connect. Any ideas?

Bob
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'll look at this.

do you happen to have an @ in you password? same problem here Wink using FreeBSD...

for some reason I don't have this problem in linux, maybe because that one is running the latest version of openssh... might by BSD related though...

prikryl: I posted a topic on this a while ago... just to let you know, the problem seems to not exist in linux with openssh 3.7.1_p2

and indeed bob, if you click OK without reentering the password, authentication still succeeds... weird Wink
mattgick

by the way, the problem also seems to exist in previous versions of winscp
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I've had a same problem few days with OpenSSH server on Sourceforge (and only with this server). I was not able to find a cause. Several days ago, the problem disapeared and it never happened since. I was not able to find out, if there were any upgrades at the time.

I'm new with using WinSCP, but found myself reading the forums because I too have the same problem.

Under SSH Authentication, if I uncheck 'Attept "keyboard-interactive" authentication (SSH2)' -- I think it fixes it.

Try it and see.

Chris
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Chris from NJ (USA) wrote:
I'm new with using WinSCP, but found myself reading the forums because I too have the same problem.

Under SSH Authentication, if I uncheck 'Attept "keyboard-interactive" authentication (SSH2)' -- I think it fixes it.

What is your server?

prikryl wrote:

What is your server?

ssh on linux
Mike

I admin Chris' server, to be specific the server is OpenSSH_3.7.1 on Linux.

Chris from NJ (USA) wrote:
prikryl wrote:

What is your server?

ssh on linux
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Mike wrote:
I admin Chris' server, to be specific the server is OpenSSH_3.7.1 on Linux.

Thanks for the info.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License