WinSCP repeatedly attempts large uploads but never finishes.

Advertisement

mightypile

WinSCP repeatedly attempts large uploads but never finishes.

I easily and successfully uploaded some small graphics (~1k) then tried to upload some larger zip files (~80mb). The zip file (just one) starts OK when I drag and drop, transfers at roughly 40KB/s, and counts up predictably in the operation pane. While transferring, I can see a grayed out ".pureftpd-upload..." file in the server pane. Once the file finishes, however, the progress goes from "99%" to "Connecting..." then starts over at 0. The size of that ".pureftpd-upload..." file also drops from roughtly 80mb back to roughly 1mb by the time I refresh. This has happened before with previous versions of WinSCP, but I have just used Microsoft's Powershell command-line ftp client to upload and haven't bothered reporting the problem. Interestingly, it, too, seems to fail with a "Connection timed out" unless I turn on hashing. But with hash toggled on, it works.

Environmental details:
WinSCP is the latest version as of today, 4.1.7
Client is Windows Vista Home with all updates applied.
Server is Linux CentOS and when I log in via command line, I get
"220------------ Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------"

I turned on logging, Debug 2. The file is large, ~800kb, so rather than paste it all here, you can get it at <invalid hyperlink removed by admin> For ease of browsing, the following lines are landmarks:
Line 404 @ 2008-11-28 23:09:29.400, copy started
Line 6691 @ 2008-11-28 23:44:09.137, copy failed
Line 6762 @ 2008-11-28 23:44:11.859, copy restarted
Line 13110 @ 2008-11-29 00:18:42.662, copy failed again
Line 13184 @ 2008-11-29 00:18:45.318, copy restarted again
Line 13257 @ 2008-11-29 00:18:50.872, gave up and cancelled transfer
For comparison, I uploaded the 800k log file with WinSCP and logged its upload, too. It's saved at <invalid hyperlink removed by admin> if you would like to compare the upload from the same client to the same server where the file actually sticks.

I believe this is an existing tracked bug, #157, but I couldn't figure out how to append this information to the existing tracker. I hope it's tolerable to post it here.

I like the functionality of this software and I really appreciate the donation of your time and skills to the larger community. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. I can reproduce this at will, so just let me know if I can capture more details to figure it out. I'll check this forum regularly for a little while to follow up.

Mike Schmidt, "mightypile"

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum