Problem uploading file with Cyrillic file name

Advertisement

Lugh

Problem uploading file with Cyrillic file name

Hello!

I'm trying to upload via winscp several file with Cyrillic file name. In windows I can open and use these file without problem but winscp seams to not reconize them. instead the file name I got "????????" and when I try to copy them on my web site I got a meassage "file doesn't exist" "error code 123".

Could someone help me out? is there a way to copy these file (There is a lot of them and I really don't want to rename everyone of them...)

Thanks!

Advertisement

TS

Did you read the FAQ? What protocol are you using? Can you make the transfers with a different client, or is the problem your server?

Lugh

Tansfert with Filezilla with no problem

TS wrote:

Did you read the FAQ? What protocol are you using? Can you make the transfers with a different client, or is the problem your server?

I can transfert it with filezilla so it is not a server problem. I use SFTP protocol and SSH 2 without compression

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Tansfert with Filezilla with no problem

Also what protocol are you using with Filezilla?

Lugh

protocole

here are the details :

Protocole de la session = SSH-2
Implmentation SSH = OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9etch3
Chiffrement = aes
Compression = Non
Version protocole de transfert = SFTP-3

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Tansfert with Filezilla with no problem

Lugh wrote:

I can transfert it with filezilla so it is not a server problem. I use SFTP protocol and SSH 2 without compression
But still, if your default local code page is not Cyrillic, WinSCP may not be able to process the filenames correctly.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum