Topic "Trnasferring files from one drive to another on remote serve"

germain
[View user's profile]

I'm using winSCP 4.18 to connect to my newly purchased remote server with sftp-3. I'm a noob using a dedicated server. The server has 4 separate drives. These drives are located on the same level as the root folder. My provider has set things up so that I have separate ftp & http access to each drive.

I will need to be able to transfer files from one drive to another from time to time. When I attempt to move files, I get a general error 4 message. Not much help there. Is there a work around?

I have some limited shell experience and have transferred files from one remote server to another. But, I am stumped as to how I might set up the command to transfer form one drive to another on the same server.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
germain wrote:
I will need to be able to transfer files from one drive to another from time to time. When I attempt to move files, I get a general error 4 message.

Please read FAQ for the error.

Quote:
I have some limited shell experience and have transferred files from one remote server to another. But, I am stumped as to how I might set up the command to transfer form one drive to another on the same server.

If you have shell access, you may use "cp" command (providing it is unix-based server).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License