Topic "WinSCP & SFTP Problem"

0siris

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me I currently have CYGWIN installed on a Windows 2003 server my client uses WINSCP to transfer files into there Home Directory, I have noticed that WINSCP allows the user to click a drop down box that allows them to view Full Directory Tree from Root / Descending and allows the user to enter these Directories?

But when using Putty Or another SSH Client the Tree directory cannot be accessed and they are locked (jailed) in there /home/~user every other directory you get permission denied which is exatcly what I wanted. So the question is why does WINSCP do this?

Thanks

Regards

0siris
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Does WinSCP show contents of directories where you think the user should not have permissions to list it?

Yes it shows Directory listing that shouldnt be there. Its only with WINSCP
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Well that's not a problem of WinSCP. It just does whatever your servers allow it to do. So either you have setup permissions incorrectly. Or your SFTP server circumvents them.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License